Please do NOT change any formatting or wording of any topic question that already has a content page or you decouple/delink that page from that topic, and we don't want that!
NOTE: Any words below colored in bold blue are hot links to the area designated. Click or tap on them to go to that area.
NOTE: If you do not want the yellow padlock symbol that occurs after any URL that starts with https:// then just delete the "s" and the padlock symbol goes away while still linking to the same website page.
Poj.fm Formatting Conventions
- Standard text is colored blue using this code <span style="color:blue">
- Every standard formatting tag typically has a closing tag at the end of where you want the initial formatting tags function to cease. Every colored paragraph has its own colored formatting beginnng and ending tags. Every <span style="color:blue"> MUST HAVE a closing tag at end of where you want that formatting to stop, such as </span>.
- Quoted text is colored green using this code <span style="color:green">
- Often quotations (if large enough) are put in a block quotation format with <blockquote></blockquote> beginning and ending tags with the quotation text in between. Normally in a block quotation one uses no quotation marks. Often at poj.fm left and right quotation marks are used to start and end a block quotation for clarity's sake evidencing that this is quoted text. It is also formatted using green text with these beginning and ending tag commands: <span style="color:green">“Block quotation.” </span>.
Guidelines For Use of Gender Neutral Language
Here is excellent advice and explanations for using appropriate gender neutral language inspired by, but altered, from Minnesota State University Moorhead.
“The accepted writing practice recommended by the American Philosophical Association is gender-neutral writing. Instead of exclusive, male language, use inclusive terms such as "anyone," "someone," or "a person." Generally speaking, do not use "us" or “we" because, although gender neutral, the reference remains too obscure for determining the group(s) involved or being referenced. Of course, the fact that the APA recommends gender-neutrality is not itself a reason for someone to use it. Here are some compelling reasons to adopt this practice. The words “man” and “mankind” do not refer to humanity, as former convention suggests, because they have words that overly convey masculinity. It sounds odd, does it not, to claim "a woman is a man," or even a member of mankind? Phrases such as “everyone has a right to his own property” contain a faulty pronoun reference (substitute "abortion" for "property" to see why). Similarly, the sentence "When a man is faced with a moral dilemma, he should follow Kant's advice" can be written in one of several gender neutral ways, such as, “When people face a moral dilemma, they should follow Kant’s advice" or “When one faces a moral dilemma, one should follow Kant’s advice.” When quoting writers who utilize non-inclusive language, leave their words in the original. Similarly, it is fine to use male language when explicitly talking about a male (e.g., "When Mill got older, his views diverged from Bentham's"). In all other cases, though, use inclusive gender neutral language if meaning to include all genders.
- Read “Guidelines for Non-Sexist Use of Language” by Virginia L. Warren, originally published in the Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical Association, February, 1986 (Vol. 59, No. 3, pp. 471-482).
PoJ.fm Uploading Images Procedures and Policies
- To upload an image you must already be logged in, then click on the Tools menu bar at top center right of page, then click on Upload file.
- To Upload an image it must be either a .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif type of file extension.
- You upload from the Upload file page by clicking on the Choose File button to the right of the heading Source filename with Maximum file size of 8 MB. After choosing from the appropriate file area on your computer, be sure to go to the box below it and type in a good descriptive name for your file. The area is labeled "File description" then Destination filename. Inside of the box it says "Image.jpg," or whatever the file extension is after the period. Delete the word "Image" and replace with your appropriately descriptive file name, keeping the correct file extension in the file name after the period (either .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, or .png ONLY). To finish uploading, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the submit file button.
- The ideal license for any uploaded image to Poj.fm is preferably a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license. This means the pictures are completely free to be used for any legal purpose and free for personal and even commercial use. They can be modified, copied and distributed without asking for permission or setting a link to the source, so that attribution is not required.
- There are many different types of Creative Commons licenses. Basically, any Creative Commons license is acceptable to be posted on PoJ.fm. For more information about Creative Commons licenses please click on it.
- To view or search previously uploaded files go to the list of uploaded files, (re)uploads are also logged in the upload log, with deletions in the deletion log. Deleted images can be undeleted.
- For more formatting information with examples see Advanced Editing.
- <p style = "font-size: 14pt">
<img src="" width="2048" height="1365" class="alignnone" /></a>
- This will put image on WP page.