Revision as of 15:45, 27 April 2022 by Dr.davidcring (Talk | contribs) (→Epistemological Topics)
Epistemology is the study and investigation of the nature of knowledge, and related topics such as rationality, consciousness, perception, and questions of justification and explanation.
Epistemological questions in the philosophy of jazz are of the general form:
WHAT is known? How is it known, or not? How is it perceived?
- Click or tap on any subheading of the Contents Outline and you are taken to that section on this page.
- Click or tap on any Question/Topic and its page opens up. Any words below colored in bold in these instructions are hot links to the area designated. Click or tap on them to go to that area.
- If you have submitted your email in the Join Us link (located in the upper right corner on the top of the HOME page menu bar or under the Navigation menu on top left of each page) and have received a confirmation reply email, you may then edit the website as a writer/editor.
- To Login as a writer/editor, click on Personal located at the top left of the page, then click on login. To upload an image it must be either a .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif and preferably a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license. This means the pictures are completely free to be used for any legal purpose and free for personal and even commercial use. They can be modified, copied and distributed without asking for permission or setting a link to the source, so that attribution is not required. Click on the Tools menu bar located at top of page on right then fifth item down that says Upload file. Please read under the Wiki menu (located on home page or under Navigation menu), PoJ.fm's Format Philosophy for the Procedures and Protocols for uploading an image.
- Ep00. The history of jazz
- Ep0. Why and How should (the history of) jazz be studied in Philosophy of Jazz?
- Ep1. What does the ideal jazz musician know how to do?
- Ep2. To what extent can jazz and improvisation be taught?
- Ep3. On mistakes and jazz Improvisations
- Ep4. How do musical effects affect jazz?
- Ep5. Can music represent?
- Ep6. Will any musicians be playing jazz 10,000 years from now?
- Ep7. Can there be non-auditory music?
- Ep8. How could it be known that Australian jazz has a national musical identity (differing from American jazz)?
- Ep9. What does it take to understand what is jazz?
- Ep10. What kind of musician was Miles Davis?
- Ep11. What are the worst mistakes a jazz musician can make?
- Ep12. Must a musical style first become popular before it can mature into an art form?
- Ep13. When in jazz's musical development did it become an art form?
- Ep14. How will future jazz historians distinguish good from bad jazz as it develops in a culture?
- Ep15. Was jazz less diverse at the start of the 20th century than it is now?
- Ep16. What are jazz legend's notable accomplishments?
- Ep17. Critique of criticisms of jazz
- Ep18. Can improvisation be recognized by listeners?
- Ep19. Essentialism in jazz discourse
- Ontdef1. What is a definition?
- Ontdef2. Arguments for the impossibility of defining jazz
- Ontmeta8. On the impossibility of definition
- Ontdef3. What is the definition of jazz?
- Ontdef4. Unhelpful definitions of jazz
- Ontdef5. Is free jazz jazz?
- Ontdef6. What are the differences between Dixieland and Bebop?
- Ontdef7. Features of jazz and definition of terms
- Ontdef8. What is a bicycle?
- Ontdef9. Coperican Revolution: What jazz is not
- Ontdef10. The etymology of the word "jazz"
Internet Resources for Jazz History
- [ ]
- [ ]
- [ ]
- [ ]
- [ ]
Internet Resources on Epistemology