- Click or tap on any subheading of the Contents Outline and you are taken to that section on this page.
- Click or tap on any Question/Topic and its page opens up. Any words below colored in bold in these instructions are hot links to the area designated. Click or tap on them to go to that area.
- If you have submitted your email in the Join Us link (located in the upper right corner on the top of the HOME page menu bar or under the Navigation menu on top left of each page) and have received a confirmation reply email, you may then edit the website as a writer/editor.
- To Login as a writer/editor, click on Personal located at the top left of the page, then click on login. To upload an image it must be either a .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif and preferably a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license. This means the pictures are completely free to be used for any legal purpose and free for personal and even commercial use. They can be modified, copied and distributed without asking for permission or setting a link to the source, so that attribution is not required. Click on the Tools menu bar located at top of page on right then fifth item down that says Upload file. Please read under the Wiki menu (located on home page or under Navigation menu), PoJ.fm's Format Philosophy for the Procedures and Protocols for uploading an image.
- EmD1. What is the definition of Ethnomusicology?
- EmD1*. What is the definition of Ethnomusicology
- EmD2. What is the definition of World Music?
- EmT1. How have musical instruments affected the history of jazz?
- EmT2. What kind of music did African slaves bring to America?
- EmT3. Why did the blues develop?
- EmT4. What was jazz like under the Nazi's?
- EmT5. Why did jazz happen?
- EmT6. How did the music of Cuba affect jazz?
- EmT7. Is jazz essentially a non-western music?
- EmT8. How is jazz influenced by African music?
- EmT9. Is jazz dead?
- EmT10. Is jazz more than music?
- EmT10*. Is jazz more than music
- EmT11. Does jazz still have a tradition?
- EmT11*. Does jazz still have a tradition
Internet Resources on Ethnomusicology
- The UCLA Herb Albert School of Music - Department of Ethnomusicology on "Definition of World Music vs. Ethnomusicology"
- "Constructing The Jazz Tradition" by Scott Deveaux
- CONTINENTAL DRIFT: 50 Years of Jazz from Europe July 2016 - Conference Proceedings. Published by Continental Drift Publishing Edinburgh Napier University. Edinburgh: United Kingdom, 2017. ISBN: 978 1 78808 706 3.
- Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: ‘Young German Jazz’ and the Politics of Jazz Cosmopolitanism in Germany by William Bares.
- Chapter 2: The Role of the Festival Producer in the Development of Jazz in Europe by Emma Webster.
- Chapter 3: Cultural Factories and the Contemporary Production Line by Petter Frost Fadnes.
- Chapter 4: Sampling the Past: The Role and Function of Vintage Music within Electro Swing by Chris Inglis.
- Chapter 5: 50 Years of Academic Jazz in Central Europe: Musicological and artistic research perspectives in a case study of local jazz history in Graz by Michael Kahr.
- Chapter 6: Vocal Jazz Accent: Some of my best friends are American by Renée Stefanie.
- Chapter 7: 'Out of Nowhere?': Pre-War Jazz Networks and the Making of Post-War Belgian Jazz by Matthias Heyman.