How to Edit
Welcome to the Basic Wikimedia Formatting & Editing Information Overview
How to format wiki pages at philosophyofjazz.net is presented below. There is also a Wikimedia Formatting Cheat Sheet. One can access Wikimedia formatting instructions by clicking on the Navigation Bar found on each wiki page of PoJ.fm in the upper left corner, then scroll down to Wiki heading, then click on Advanced Editing, click on Mediwiki help, then scroll down to Editing, then click on Formatting.
WARNING: CHANGING any wording, or even the formatting, of a topic question heading inside of double square brackets will lose the link to the contents that are already linked/written on that topic question's page. Generally speaking, never change the wording or formatting of any topic question. While it is possible BEFORE one changes the wording of any topic question to copy the contents of that page by pasting the information back into the new blank page created after changing the wording of the topic question, ALL previous html formatting information is NOT retained in the copy and paste process and must all be redone from scratch, which is extremely tedious and unappealing. So, the moral of the story: DO NOT CHANGE TOPIC QUESTION'S WORDING.
- There is one exception to the above DO NOT change wording of topic question. If you click on that topic question and it opens to an undeveloped page, then there is no content to be lost and one can change the wording without fear of losing content.
Single Quotation Marks
2 ticks gives you ''italic'' type
- 2 ticks gives you italic type
3 ticks gives you '''bold''' type
- 3 ticks gives you bold type
5 ticks gives you '''''bold-italic''''' type
- 5 ticks gives you bold-italic type
You can use these color names:
- black BLACK
- silver SILVER
- gray GRAY
- white WHITE
- maroon MAROON
- red RED
- purple PURPLE
- fuchsia FUCHSIA
- green GREEN
- lime LIME
- olive OLIVE
- yellow YELLOW
- navy NAVY
- blue BLUE
- teal TEAL
- aqua AQUA
- Silver! Gray! Maroon! Red! Purple! Fuchsia! Green! Lime! Olive! Yellow! Navy! Blue! Teal! Aqua!
To use colored text, enclose it in Span tags:
<span style="color:red">This ''is'' '''red''' text! </span>
- This is red text!
Internal Links: [[Main Page]]
- Internal Links: Main Page
External links 1 - put the URL on a blank line http://beacharts.ca
External links 2 - enclose the URL followed by a space and name of the page you want to link to in single square brackets. [http://beacharts.ca Beach Arts Website]
Headings of Different Levels
Skip Level 1, it is page name level.
An article with three or more headings (made using identity signs) automatically creates an outlined Table of Contents at the start of the page; otherwise, it doesn't automatically produce It.
- To upload Image file (must be .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png) click on Tools Menu at top of page on right, then click on Upload File. Click on Choose File button, click on Dropbox, or wherever the file is stored (8 MB maximum), before clicking on green Upload File button on bottom left of upload page to submit file, find file name that says "Image.jpeg" (or other file extension) and write good descriptive name for the file before you upload it.
- You can see the list and file names of the Uploaded files while on the Upload files page by clicking on "list of uploaded files" in light blue in the second sentence at the top of the page. Files with an underline character between words do not display the underline symbol.
- To place image on Wiki page use: file:file-name in double square brackets like this: [[file:RobotJazz.jpg]].